Data protection declaration
Thank you for visiting our website. Protecting your personal data is very important to us. We would like to take this opportunity to inform you about our data protection policy. We observe the legal requirements of the German Data Protection Act (Datenschutzgesetz, BDSG), the German Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz, TMG) and other data protection provisions.
You can have complete confidence that your personal data is safe with us. Your data is encrypted and sent to us using digital security systems. A range of technical measures protect our website against damage, destruction or unauthorised access.
Subject of data protection
The subject of data protection is personal data. According to Section 3, Paragraph 1 of the BDSG, this is defined as information about the personal or material circumstances of a certain or ascertainable individual. This includes information such as name, postal/e-mail address or telephone number, as well as usage data such as your IP address.
General data protection notice
(1) When you access our website or download data from this site, data about your visit is stored in a log file and processed. This is done on an anonymised basis. It is not possible to link the data to your identity.
(2) The following data is saved: IP address, date and time of access, the accessed pages or name of the accessed file, the quantity of data transferred and the notification of whether access was successful.
(3) This data is not used for commercial purposes. The data is analysed solely for the purposes of statistical processing and improving our online provision. To do so, user profiles are created using a pseudonym. No connection is made between the usage data collected and the person behind the pseudonym. Your data is deleted after this use. No permanent storage occurs. You can withdraw your consent to the collection, storage and processing of your data at any time.
(4) Your data is processed exclusively by us. Data is not passed on to third parties.
(5) We also use so-called cookies to collect and store data. Cookies are small data packages that your browser stores on your device on our behalf. They do no damage here. They contain no viruses and do not allow us to spy on you. We use two types of cookie. Temporary or session cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. Permanent cookies can be stored for up to a week. These cookies allow you to be recognised again when you revisit the website after leaving. Cookies allow us to get a picture of your usage behaviour for the aforementioned purposes and to an appropriate extent. They also help improve your user experience on our website. This data is also collected in an anonymised or pseudonymised form. You can adjust the settings in your internet browser to prevent our cookies being saved on your device or delete existing cookies.
Scope of data collection and storage
It is generally not necessary for you to provide personal data to use our website. We may require your personal data in order to provide you with our services, however. This applies to both the sending of information material or ordered goods and for answering individual queries.
When you commission us to provide a service or deliver goods, we will collect and store your personal data only when it is necessary for providing the service or fulfilling the contract. It may also be necessary to pass on your data to other companies who we use to provide the service or fulfil the contract. These include transport companies or other service providers. When we provide services or perform one of the actions described below, or other actions, we collect and store your personal data for the following purposes only:
- To administer, operate, maintain and improve the website
- To enable and process product and service orders via the website
- To help improve and personalise our website, products and services
- To answer your questions and queries
- To send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you via post, e-mail, fax, newsletter, text message/SMS and MMS, including the regular sending of advertising material about Orgatex products, services and sales promotions aimed directly at you (direct marketing), in order to communicate with you about certain matters (such as sending reminders, technical information, updates, security information, support and administration messages or service bulletins)
- To comply with legal requirements, prevent the unlawful use of our website, resolve disputes and fulfil our contractual agreements
- For other purposes that you have agreed to on an individual basis
- In other ways within the applicable legal provisions
Where legally required, we will seek your approval before collecting, processing or using your personal data for the aforementioned purposes. Should we wish to use your personal data for a new or different purpose, we will inform you accordingly and will only perform this new action insofar as required or permitted by the applicable legal provisions, or where you have given us your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time without incurring any additional costs beyond the basic tariffs.
Data collection using Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies". These are text files that are saved on your computer and enable analysis of your use of the website. The data collected includes information about your operating system and browser, your IP address, the website you accessed previously (referrer URL), and the time and date of your visit to our website. The information about the use of our website created by these text files is sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google uses this information to analyse your use of our website, create reports about site activities for the website operator and provide additional services linked to the use of the website and the internet. Google passes this information on to third parties in cases where required by law, or where the data is processed by third parties on behalf of Google. The data is used here on an anonymised or pseudonymised basis. For more information, please visit www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Google uses the DoubleClick DART cookie
Users can deactivate the use of the DART cookie by accessing the data protection provisions of the Google advertising and content networks.
No personal data of the user is saved here, only the IP address. This information helps automatically recognise you the next time you visit our website and make navigation easier. Cookies allow us to adjust a website to your interests or save your password, for example, so that you do not have to enter it every time.
You can of course view our website without cookies. If you do not wish us to recognise your computer, you can prevent cookies being stored on your computer by selecting "Accept no cookies" in your browser settings. Please refer to the instructions of your browser provider for precise information on how to do this. Not accepting cookies may lead to limitations in the function of our website.
Collection and storage of usage data
We collect and store data such as the date and time you accessed the site, the page from which your accessed our site, etc., in order to improve our website. This is done on an anonymised basis without personally identifying the website user. User profiles may be created using a pseudonym. Here too, no connection is made between the person behind the pseudonym and the usage data collected. Cookies are used to collect and save usage data. These are small text files that are saved on your computer and are used to save statistical information such as your operating system, internet browser, IP address, the previously accessed website (referrer URL) and the time. This data is collected exclusively for statistical purposes, in order to continuously improve our online presence and make our online offers more attractive. Data is collected and stored exclusively on an anonymised or pseudonymised basis, and cannot be linked to your personal identity.
Purpose-specific data use
We observe the principle of purpose-specific data use, and collect, process and save your personal data solely for the purposes intended by you. Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties without your express permission in cases where this is not necessary for providing a service or fulfilling a contract. Data is transferred to authorised state institutions and authorities only to the extent required by law, or when we are obligated to provide this information as the result of a court decision.
We also take data protection within the company very seriously. Our staff and the service companies we commission are obligated to maintain confidentiality and comply with statutory data protection provisions.
Right of disclosure and revocation
You can request information at any time about the data we have saved, free of charge and without giving reasons. You can ask us at any time to block, correct or delete the personal data that we have collected. You can also withdraw your consent to data collection and usage at any time and without giving reasons. To do so, please refer to the contact address provided in the legal notice. We will be happy to help you any time should you have any further questions about data protection and the way we process your personal data.
Please note that the data protection provisions and operations, such as those at Google, can change continuously. It is therefore advisable and necessary to stay up to date about changes in the legal provisions and corporate practice, such as at Google.